[WEBINAR] The chiropractor's role in tongue tie and breastfeeding
Enjoy a webinar on the chiropractor's role in tongue tie and supporting new moms with breastfeeding.
You will learn:
- What is a tongue tie and why should chiropractors care?
- Types of infant feeding disorders (of MSK origin)
- Chiropractic role in tongue tie co-management
- How to collaborate with dentists, doctors, lactation consultants, occupational therapists, speech language therapists, feeding specialists
- Breastfeeding MSK issues: Treatment options, and how a chiropractor can help prevent injuries
- Research on the role of chiropractors for improving breastfeeding
About Dr. Darlene Buan-Basit:
Dr. Buan-Basit is a chiropractor with personal experience in breastfeeding challenges of tongue tied baby. Recognizing the difficulties for families, Dr. Buan-Basit has since been supporting babies before and after the frenectomy, and providing assessment/treatment of associated musculoskeletal issues. Having collaborated with health professionals in the field of breastfeeding, tongue ties/oral restrictions, Dr. Buan-Basit is now on the Board of Directors for the International Consortium of Ankylofrenula Professionals with a mission to educate, research and advocate for best practices globally.
Click here to register and gain access to the webinar!
The live presentation for this webinar took place May 7th 2019 at 12:30 EDT.
Letter to the Editor: A response to "What is Chiropractic?"I read with interest the article by Dr. Joe Ghorayeb…
Body fuel: A look at anti-inflammatory nutritionNutrition goes hand in hand with pain management and acts…
Ongoing treatment notes: What to write down when there’s nothing to sayYou know who they are – they’re your “regulars.” They…
Lyme crime: A chiropractor’s perspective on Lyme diseaseIt was never my intention to learn everything I could…
The National Chiropractic Conference
August 22-25, 2019
CMCC 15th annual BackSwing '19
September 12, 2019
Interprofessional Collaborative Spine Conference
November 8-9, 2019
Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences Eastern Conference
November 9-10, 2019
2020 San Diego Pain Summit
February 11-16, 2020
Brain Injury Canada Conference
April 30-1, 2020